Every once in a while, a truly exceptional story gets told. A story that transcends the boundaries of physical world and connects us on a primary level…
Since it seems inconceivable to visualize a woman anywhere else but in the kitchen, I suggest we instal a kitchen sink in a speaker’s podium, maybe that will keep more men off of it!
– You shouldn’t have said that! because he is a man, because they are older, because you are properly raised, because he is your boss, because you’re going to lose your job, because he will leave you!
– You are a lady, ladies do not question the rules, they obey them, with grace!
It’s high time to stop playing that old broken record!
– if everything fails, it seems to be perfectly acceptable to order Chinese for a Christmas dinner (all I can imagine now is my grandma looking at me in utter dismay and genuine concern for the redemption of their souls)
I used to have a library strategy.
Every month I’d pick up:
– one classic that I should have already read
– one science non fiction book
– one light novel, a chick flick or a thriller
“Do you know why we eat turkey for Christmas and pork for the New Year’s Eve?”, my Grandma asked me over lunch one day.Being a teenager, I didn’t care much about symbolism of the food on the table (if at all), so I just shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.“Well” she continued, “the turkey,Continue reading “Day 9 – 29/Nov/2020 – The Turkey, the Pig, and Detective Olivia Benson”
Weight: That’s not something you ask a lady after Thanksgiving!?!Measurements: The pajamas and sweatpants still fit… (can we call that a minor success?) Food: The leftovers’ leftovers. The selection of food in the fridge two days after a festive meal is inversely proportionate to its popularity. I tried to give my brussels sprouts a dashContinue reading “Day 8 – 28/Nov/2020 – The Leftovers”