“But that’s you – chaotic, messy, tangled – jumping from one topic to another, skipping conversations. One moment you have no idea what to do, and another you have everything figured out,” a friend of mine once told me.
– You shouldn’t have said that! because he is a man, because they are older, because you are properly raised, because he is your boss, because you’re going to lose your job, because he will leave you!
– You are a lady, ladies do not question the rules, they obey them, with grace!
It’s high time to stop playing that old broken record!
– if everything fails, it seems to be perfectly acceptable to order Chinese for a Christmas dinner (all I can imagine now is my grandma looking at me in utter dismay and genuine concern for the redemption of their souls)
I used to have a library strategy.
Every month I’d pick up:
– one classic that I should have already read
– one science non fiction book
– one light novel, a chick flick or a thriller
“Do you know why we eat turkey for Christmas and pork for the New Year’s Eve?”, my Grandma asked me over lunch one day.Being a teenager, I didn’t care much about symbolism of the food on the table (if at all), so I just shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.“Well” she continued, “the turkey,Continue reading “Day 9 – 29/Nov/2020 – The Turkey, the Pig, and Detective Olivia Benson”